How to prepare and present your home
Pillow has managed thousands of reservations. Below are some basic recommendations on how to set up your home and give guests a vacation rental experience you can be proud of.
- In areas accessible by guests, remove all valuables and personal items. If you intend to use the property between guest stays, keep a locked closet for your personal items.
- In convenient locations, leave written instructions on how to operate amenities. Guests also find instructions on how to troubleshoot the Wi Fi particularly helpful. (Pillow will also provide a house manual with this information in our app for guests).
- Privacy is greatly appreciated. We recommend curtains or blinds for all windows in the home.
How to prepare your bedrooms
We find guests are most satisfied if they have enough space in each bedroom to leave or store their own clothes and personal items.
- Two pillows per sleeping surface
- A thick blanket or covered duvet for each sleeping surface
- Pillow protectors on all pillows. We recommend these from Saferest.
- Mattress protectors on all mattresses. We recommend these from Saferest.
How to prepare your kitchen
Guests enjoy a kitchen they can cook in. In fact, it’s one of the most sought after perks of a vacation rental. Below are our recommendations.
Utensils: Enough sets to accommodate 1.5x the maximum number of guests allowed.
- Water glasses
- Wine glasses
- Coffee cups
- Large plates
- Small plates
- Standard cutlery
Appliances: One of each of the following.
- Coffee maker
- Water boiler
- Can opener
- Knife sharpener
Additional items: Two or three of each of the following.
- Sharp cooking knives
- Pots of varying sizes
- Pans of varying sizes
- Measuring cups
- Cutting boards
How to prepare your bathroom
Guests appreciate a well-stocked bathroom. While some basic necessities are supplied by Pillow, there are a few additional items to have, especially if you’d like your property to be Business Travel Ready.
- Hair dryer
- New shower curtain and liner
- Towel bar or hooks
How to prepare your living space
Guests enjoy a well thought out living area that’s comfortable and relaxing for them to spend time in. Furnish and design your space in a way that’s conducive to the travel experience.
- Dining surface and chairs
- Comfortable seating
- Coffee table or side tables
- Fan or space heater
Learn more about Pillow here! And follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.